Art Exhibition | We the Dreamers
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Lampasas Gallery of the Common Experience
This exhibitions runs through April 30, 2018.
"Dreamers" is a term used to describe undocumented immigrants — many who are young adults — who have been protected under the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. The defunding of DACA strips the protection of those brought to the U.S. as children. Their pursuit of the American Dream is now accompanied by the fear of being deported to a another country most have never known, uprooted from their American homes. In addition to works making statement about the artists' personal views or experience with this movement, this exhibition also includes works about deferred dreams, or goals the artist chooses to portray, that are at risk of unjustly being postponed or denied due to government threat and other justice-related issues.
- Honors College and Common Experience
- Common Experience
- Academic, Exhibitions, Honors, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students