Biz.ability Workshop: Social Media Basics: Your Social Media Strategy
- Friday, October 20, 2017 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Off Campus
The Round Rock Public Library and the Austin SCORE will offer a series of free workshops for small business owners (or those who are interested in starting their own business) on Fridays, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., September 8 through November 10. SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
These free timely workshops, presented by recognized experts and practitioners, will cover a variety of issues facing small business owners and entrepreneurs including financial issues, marketing, and strategic planning.
Join us on Friday, Oct. 20 for Social Media Basics: Your Social Media Strategy, presented by Bill Combes. Social media is one of the most impactful mediums we have ever seen in our history and the ability for people to communicate across networks allows us to market to businesses and consumers on levels never seen before. If your business as a Facebook presence, you must harness the power of advertising on Facebook, and now Instagram, too.
Facebook ads for businesses continue to be a challenge to execute. The ads platform is a complicated system with many different moving parts. Our goal with this presentation is to review the three processes to run ads on Facebook—the Boost Post, the Ads Platform, and the Facebook Power Editor (for advanced advertisers). This workshop provides an overview of the three ways to run ads on Facebook and the following steps to becoming successful using Facebook ads:
- Selecting the correct Audience for your ads
- How to upload a list of customer emails and phone numbers
- Using images in ads
- An overview of all types of ads
- An in-depth look at Facebook Lead ads
- Video on Facebook – Ads and Facebook Live
- Live Demo to set up an ad on Facebook
- Facebook Blueprint Training
Participants should leave the event with a working knowledge of the Facebook ads platform and some techniques that will allow them to maximize their advertising dollars on Facebook.
- See link for more info
- Small Business Development Center
- Community Service, Conference, Training
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students