- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Off Campus Frost Bank 401 Congress Avenue 11th Floor Austin, TX 78701
Food innovation is hot—and competitive. In recent years, the sector has attracted more attention and more participation from start-ups, media, investors and industry giants alike. New food entrepreneurs are attracted to and enter into food production because they are passionate about what they make and want to launch more natural, healthier and better-for-you products. Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs may not be prepared for the realities of entering this market.
That’s why we created Shelf Mastery—a unique course designed to help small businesses better understand and navigate the unique aspects of the retail supply chain. The curriculum is based on in- depth, field research and introduces a framework intended to help entrepreneurs examine and choose between strategies, opportunities, business models, and operational plans—at every stage of growth within their business.
The workshop curriculum combines conceptual presentations, group discussion and interactive exercises to fully engage participants and create a rich, educational experience. In each of four modules, one each week for four consecutive weeks, we will focus on the following subjects.
- Module 1 - market players, supply chain and trade relations
- Module 2 - operations and financial concepts
- Module 3 - trade promotion, consumer promotion, marketing plans
- Module 4 - carrying the vision
Who will benefit from attending this course:
- graduates of the Texas State SBDC "Get Shelf Made" class
- early-stage and growing packaged food businesses selling in retail outlets beyond the Famers' Market
- other CPG companies that sell via 3rd party retail
Seating is limited so register early!
Questions about the course? Email Peg Richmond at email@example.com or call at 512.243.8636.
Questions about registration? Email Nora Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See link for more information
- Texas State SBDC
- Small Business Development Center
- Conference, Training
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students