School Safety Research Symposium
- This event has been cancelled Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:15 AM - 4:00 PM
- JC Kellam Reed Parr Room (11th floor)
The School Safety Research Symposium is an opportunity for researchers and practitioners across a variety of disciplines to connect around the common goal of making schools safe and healthy environments conducive to learning for all children. School safety has evolved beyond physical security and preparing for potential crisis situations to include discipline and classroom management, substance use/abuse, bullying, the social and emotional needs of children, and overall climate and health.
Overwhelmingly, prior research has found that student and school outcomes, such as academic achievement and teacher retention, are linked to school safety. Because school safety is multidisciplinary by nature, researchers and practitioners from many fields, including education, criminal justice, sociology, psychology, communication, STEM, and health professions, must collaborate to be successful. By connecting research and practice across disciplines, we can improve school safety.Register via the website link below.
- Texas School Safety Center and Office of the Associate Vice President for Research
- Research Development
- Academic, Conference, Exhibitions, Health, Mental Health & Wellness
- Faculty, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students